Thursday, October 24, 2013

Romanticism

The romantic poets started a new era of poetry.  Involving very vivd and colorful language.  For example, William Wordsworth a romantic poet.  He had a great love for nature.  Here is one of his poems:

I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud

 I WANDERED lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o’er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
His poetry makes it very easy to produce imagery in your head.
This is a self portrait of J.A. Dominique Ingres at the age of 24.
The reason I posted this picture is because I had a random question.
When I read another students post, he said during the romantic time period artist did not paint things as the were but how they felt they were.
Do you think people painted themselves as they thought they looked and not how they really looked?

The site above I found on google.  I think it would be a good idea for you guys to check it out.  It is full of paintings from the romantic era.  They are all so lovely.  It is interesting.  They name an artist and show some of their paintings.  What I really liked is by seeing a few works from each artist you can see what each artist signature thing is.  Like Joeseph Mallard William Turner. (1775-1851)  In his work he makes his brush strokes noticable, he tries to make his work not look realistic.  It helps to put in the emotion.  
I have noticed music of the romantic era did not have words.  Not that it needed it.  The instrumental really showed great emotion and could really grasp your attention.  But were there ever words in them, like commonly?

No comments:

Post a Comment